I had a nice meeting with a nice man who volunteers his time as a management consultant. At one point he asked about my accountant, referring to my accountant as “he.” I responded “she….” and he had to interrupt me to state “that wasn’t sexist.”
As we ladies so often do, I just blinked and skated on by. Dis shit happen all the time.
How to respond?
- Isn’t it great how simply saying “that wasn’t sexist” makes it not sexist? It’s like magic.
- You omitted 2 syllables but had to interrupt me with 5. Which is more efficient, Mr Management Consultant?
- Yes it was.
- Does saying that actually work?
- Let’s take a poll and find out.
- You appear pretty old, you’ll probably die soon. We don’t need to convince you, we just need to wait.